Saturday, June 13, 2009

Khalil Greene eyes return




Khalil Greene is back in St. Louis and will meet with officials in hopes of returning as early as this week. John Mozeliak has been quoted as saying he is "very optimistic" about the return of Greene after his 2 game stint with Memphis. I'm not sure how anybody could be optimistic about Greene's future at this point.

First off, I don't know how a couple weeks away from the team and a couple games with Triple-A Memphis is going to cure his self-defeating thoughts that consumed him before. Second, perhaps I'm not completely aware of what happened, as I wasn't able to watch the game, but he committed two errors in his second game with Memphis and was only 1-4 with a strikeout in the other. So to me, his rehab stint wasn't even all that successful.

There isn't any reason to rush Greene back in my opinion, and Mozeliak has said that returning Greene to his rehab assignment is a real possibility. One might wonder if some more time away from baseball altogether might do more good.

I hope the best for the guy, I think he's a good kid. But to be brutally honest, I don't expect a damn thing from him for the remainder of the season. I just have my fingers crossed that Brendan Ryan continues to swing a consistent bat so we don't have to rely on Greene.


Source:
Khalil Greene nears return

No comments:

Post a Comment